Vacation, shmacation.

So I spent a good portion of my first vacation since I started working full time (so it's been at least 4 years) trying to clean and organize my room - fun stuff. It looks alright - WAY better than it did before.

Looking back, however, I didn't just slave away in my room all week:

  • I did go to Arizona for 4 days with my family to help my sister settle into her new digs.
  • I didn't have to skate back home from the airport - but I did end up skating that day with my homie that picked me up, along with some of our other friends.
  • I skated almost everyday. Except for when I was in Arizona. We stayed pretty busy: Running errands, driving around, exploring, and eating. Plus it was ridiculously hot. I mean, really? 91 degrees before 9am? Don't get me wrong: I tried to make time and make the effort - but it didn't go so well: It was so hot, I got angry that it was so hot. I felt gross. I was sweating like you would not believe.


  • I ended up getting another chance to see a rad documentary called Project Nim in Berkeley (they extended the showings for another week), so I got a friend to go up with me to check it out.
  • Got some hella good mac and cheese (6 cheese mac and cheese, yo.)
  • Chilled for a day in Santa Cruz at some locals-only spots, brah.
  • While in Santa Cruz, we went to Verve, the coffee roasters Roy's gets their coffee from. That was pretty awesome.
  • Speaking of Roy's Station, I got to start off a majority of my days there, sitting in the patio with either some tea or coffee. That was also pretty awesome. I wish I could start off every day there.
  • Spent a lot of time with good friends (the usual homies, along with friends old and new).

So, overall, I'd say it was a pretty good week off. I didn't get to go to the Northwest like I originally wanted to, but I think the decision to stay was the better one.

Despite it having been a good week off, I've reached the end of it. Tomorrow I have to go back to work. So, to fittingly end both this week's blog theme and my vacation, the new music video from one of my favorite new bands, from their 2010 debut album "Sports" (which, in my opinion, was the best album to come out last year).


0 comments:

Post a Comment