How'd I do? (Hint: Not very good).

So, I'm gonna go over my new year's resolutions from 2010 right now. Time to feel bad about myself...

1. Be honest with myself and the people in my life that I love.
I think I did pretty well with this one. So far, so good.

2. Be a better friend to the people in my life that deserve it.
I hope I did okay with this one. I tried, at least.

3. Volunteer regularly/work to make my community better.
Totally didn't do this one. Although, to my credit (basically, to save face), my new position at work has let me be a lot more involved with the population we serve (people with developmental disabilities) in the community I live in. And as long as they don't give me the boot, I'm only going to get more involved. Still not much of an excuse, though.

4. Live by a love ethic.
I tried.

5. Figure out what I want to go to grad school for.
I think I confused myself even more in 2010.

6. Study for the GREs.
Haha!

7. Take the GREs again and do good enough on them.
Yeah right.

8. Apply for grad school.
I don't want to go yet, anyway.

9. Exercise/stretch out at least every other day.
Nope. And I wonder why my body feels like shit all the time...

10. Read at least a book a month.
Didn't even get through 1 book throughout the whole year. Hella fail. This year will be different. I swear.

11. Set aside 1 day a week to clean my room and run errands.
It's like everyday is set aside for errands. But cleaning my room? Yeah...that totally didn't happen again. My room sucks anyway. But once the remodel happens...shit's gonna be sick...

12. Go back to school for at least 1 class at a time.
With all the bullshit going on my life, this wasn't really on my mind. But, I've been really thinking about this one lately. I think I'm ready to really budget my time to fit this one in.

13. Pay off my credit card debt by June.
I know I could have, but I decided that money would be better spent elsewhere. With the new position and new pay, I'll pay it off before April this year, for sure.

14. Be happier.
I'm ambivalent on this one.

15. Learn 360 flips.
I really tried towards the end of the year. I can land about 1 shitty one a day. I'd say resolution number 15 was a success - I've got low standards on this one.

2011's new year's resolutions. Tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment