New Order Kicks/The Perfect Kiss

New Order is one of my favorite bands of all time. I go on these New Order kicks every now and then, where I'll listen to nothing but New Order for about a week at a time (sometimes longer, sometimes not as long). Then I'll listen to them every and now and then. And then, something will spark something in my mind and I'll go on another kick. After I posted that last video for True Faith (which you could play, and listen to while reading the New Year's Resolutions post simultaneously - I think it fits, at least), I went on another New Order kick.

I love this video, and I love this song - in particular, this version of it. I'm so glad someone (canuck21) posted it in (legitimately) high quality on YouTube. From that little info box on the video's webpage:

"The Perfect Kiss" is a 1985 single by New Order. The vinyl version has Factory catalogue number FAC 123 and the video has the opposite number FAC 321.

The video was directed by Jonathan Demme, which is unlike any other New Order clip. Set in the band's practise room, it simply depicts the band playing the song from beginning to end. Since it is a unique live performance, the video version of the song sounds different from other released versions.

New Order - "The Perfect Kiss"




0 comments:

Post a Comment